Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake Rotor Question

Re: Brake Rotor Question

Hmmm. Exchange rates and tax certainly may have added to the price, but it still sounds like there was something fishy going on. Oh well, at least your truck stops well now. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The shop marked the rotors up 30%. That's cheap, around here 40% is the standard.

Two things...

First never turn a VW rotor. They are made to be replaced, not turned. If you had turned it, it probably would have warped in short order. In fact, most of the VW rotors do not eaven have a min size stamped on them.

Now for the ranger. Mazda used the same truck, slighty rebodyed for there Btruck line then. I have lots of experence with these rotors.[I work parts at a VW-Mazda dealer] Yes they are pricy.[but $300 is a little high] And also don't put aftermarket rotors on this truck. We have had a BIG problem with the aftermarket rotors having the ABS sensors in the wrong place. This causes the brakes to apply a little bit, and blue, and warp the rotors. Why? I have no idea. But I have seen it enough that we NEVER will install an aftermarket rotor on these trucks.
    Paul Bradway

There are rotors that are not designed to be turned.

The expense in replacing rotors is almost all labor, in most cases. If you are able to do it yourself you'll save a bundle. If not, you're looking at a couple hours of shop rates plus markup on the parts and that is why it gets expensive...