Thread: Second welding class starting

Hybrid View

Re: Second welding class starting tonight

Actually, I'm thinking that after this one ends I'm probably done with welding classes for at least a while. There's no way I want to be taking another one in the summer time. Last night was warm and stuffy enough in there and it was only up into the mid-seventies for a high yesterday afternoon. No way to I want to spend time there in the heat of the summer.

I think I'm at a point where I need practice and experience doing what I've learned more than I need additional knowledge on how to do more and different things. I need to get my own welding room set up out at my barn so I can spend some time practicing there.

I'll never call myself a welder. I've seen the work and skill of good welders and appreciate the difference between them and me. I just want to do some things for myself that'll hold as good as a pro's work and look good enough I won't be ashamed to have a good welder see. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gary:

Them good welder's started out just like you. Practice and time.

Egon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I just want to do some things for myself that'll hold as good as a pro's work and look good enough I won't be ashamed to have a good welder see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case... Wouldn't it make you a good pro ? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think I've decided that I'm going to fore go buying a welder... I'm just going to bring my stuff up to Gary's place and let him practice on welding my stuff together.. LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

He did say he needed the practice... right ? [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> "I'm just going to bring my stuff up to Gary's place and let him practice on welding my stuff together" </font color>

You know ... it's amazing how many people have made me that very offer. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Right now I've already got a grille guard to build and a receiver hitch to install for a friend's 4x4 P/U, a new coupler and jack stand to put on another friend's snowmobile trailer and some hooks to install on yet another friend's loader bucket. I never knew I had so many friends. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Gary......the problem I see with some or all of those projects is that it is a lot of fab and fit-up and not many hours of welding. How about I send you an 18A D8 that a buddy has and you can practice building up the rails, rollers, sprockets and grousers with Stody Hardfacing rod? [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] That should take you till at least August. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Perhaps throw in the rollers from a crusher to fill in the spare time .

Egon