Thread: Took the 57 Dodge flathead p/u for a drive

Took the 57 Dodge flathead p/u for a drive

It was finally warm enough for that old flathead six to catch, so after letting it warm up and checking for catastrophic leaks, fumes, fire or imminent explosions, parts ready to implode or fall off, etc...we drove old Semper through the village and back home! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sure felt good, and boy did he look good next to all those fancy cars in town!

The other pickup -- the one with the Poly V8 we call Ethan -- is nearly back together and ready for a test drive. Forgot to check the repaired manifold for flatness before bolting it down. Big mistake! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] It's back being repaired again and this time they'll grind the mating surfaces flat for me. Also forgot that the manifold studs penetrate the water jacket so all the antifreeze I poured into the radiator came gushing out the side of the block! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] But it turns over just fine, so we're hoping for no more surprises.

Pete

Re: Took the 57 Dodge flathead p/u for a drive

No pictures of this maiden voyage, Pete????? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My thoughts, exactly, Mike. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I was really hoping for one with the four-legged family members in the bed. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] How about it, Pete?

Hey, I was too busy enjoying the moment! Besides, not only do the dogs NOT ride in the bed, I couldn't even pose them for a still shot with all those spare parts back there! One thing we've noticed about pickup truck beds...they're really handy for holding mass quantities of junk! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Pete:
    You've not got dogs but members of an extended family. They know their place is right in the center of the seat with a muzzle resting on your leg.

Glad the trip went well.

Egon