Yeah - we'll have to start with the outside if we do anything. Sloping away isn't practical without MAJOR earth movement. The house sits with maybe 500-600 feet of 4-5% nice steady slope above it and the grade already comes within one foot of the sill. The gutters already route well away from the house.

Have to figure out a way to tell if this is mostly surface run off or if there is an underground spring(s) involved. Oddly enough the basement leaks nearly (but not quite) as badly on the "down slope" side which makes me fear water table issues. Keep hinting to the wife that "I'm afraid we're going to have to buy a backhoe" for the tractor we'll be ordering - for this and a thousand other tasks. (Like it's something I'd prefer not to do [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Only problem with a do-it-yourself on the sill drains - I'd be afraid of having one of these walls push out and collapse when they're exposed. Might have to try a french drain a couple yards (at least) away - couldn't hurt (I don't think.)