Thread: An eagle and 4 geese

Hybrid View

Re: An eagle and 4 geese

Start feeding cracked corn Pat. They will come back if they survive the winter. With adaquate feed they might also be encoraged to overwinter. Regina, Saskatewan has some that overwinter. That's sorta like Minot for winters.

Egon

Egon, We fed about 25 lbs of whole corn, 50 lbs of cracked (quartered), and have just started on a 50 lb bag of whole. They didn't/couldn't eat about 10-20% of the "fines" in the cracked/quartered but eat 100% of the whole. They really go for the annual rye I planted on the dams for errosion control.

The town of Duncan (about 80 miles SSW of here) has 5 big municipal lakes with an abundant year round population of lesser Canadian geese. So many as to make a fair mess. Lake area residents are inundated with deer and geese. We tourists stop by and feed them and leave.

I realy wouldn't want a large year round goose populaltion and it is with some trepidation that I feed these. I hope attracting a "few" geese isn't like trying to be just a little bit pregnant.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Pat:
    A nice fat culled bird does more for the pallate than pinfeathers and grissle.

Egon