Thread: Want to see more pretty work by our builder?

Hybrid View

Re: Want to see more pretty work by our builder?

The dead giveawy is the trashy job site. You should make them redo this work, as it is substandard.

I grew up in the home construction business - my Dad was the owner. Back then our crew (including Dad) did all of the work on the house start to finish, including foundation, cabinetry, roofing, etc. The only subs were electrical, heating/air conditioning, and plumbing.

My job as a teenager was cleanup - Dad wanted his jobsite clean at all times, so that the workers didn't have to stumble over debris, and so that the jobsite always looked good. Sometimes the carpenters didn't get something just the way Dad wanted. When that happened, they ripped it all out and re-did it.

That was 30 years ago. Those homes I worked on when I was in high school and college are the best constructed ones in the area now. Dad passed away in '99 at age '80, but his handiwork lives on.

I would never want my legacy to be bad work.
    Alan L. - Texas
    North of Mustang
    South of Bugtussle
    On the Banks of Buck Creek

Re: Want to see more pretty work by our builder?

Your Dad sounds like mine and they both left a lasting legacy that families will enjoy for years to come.

I was also the clean up crew of one as a teenager. Dad wanted the subs working on the job not cleaning. Boy did I hear it if anything was laying around. My son says the same thing about me.

You and I are lucky to have had good role models.