Thread: Walnut catsup

Walnut catsup

Anybody got a good walnut catsup recipe? I'd really like the one from Greenfield Village but I've never been able to pry it out of them. It was like the best barbacue sauce you ever tasted.

Re: Walnut catsup

I don't know about the recipe but my sister in-law got marrried and the little church there. I love going there, very interesting place.

Patrick

How about this:

I did a Google search on walnut catsup (up until now, I've never heard of it) and came up with several listings. I believe I could do without the anchovies as advocated in the pic above---ugh!

Rhonda

I don't eat horse radish by the mouthful nor drink cups of vinegar (two other ingredients) but all together I doubt you could much taste/detect the anchovies if it is a taste thing not an alergy.

Ingredients are listed in descending order of % by weight so don't think there would be a heavy anchovy taste.

I am not particularly fond of anchovies and would never request anchovy paste on date nut bread but I can see how they might be used as a spice rather than as an entre.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"