Chuck,

The plan I had was to cut off the spears and use the 3PH frame as the basis for a trailer mover for my tractor. I say "had " because I've since reworked the plan for my trailer mover and think I can build something better but it means starting from scratch. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

As it stands now, I own a bale spear I bought at auction for $5 and think it's still worth the money just for the pins and the steel I can use for something else. Heck, I think a pair of 3PH attachment pins are worth close to $5, aren't they? [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I also tend to buy chains and binders and tie-downs at auctions just because "it sounded cheap and I never know when I might need some more." This logic probably has resulted in my ownership of enough chain to wrap around my barn two or three times with enough binders to snug that chain up a couple places on each side. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]