Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LazyJ mapquest.com aerial photo

Re: LazyJ mapquest.com aerial photo

Gatorboy, I have a pretty simple rectangle of dirt with a 1.2 acre bite out of it in the middle of the highway frontage, not at all so contorted as yours and I have a 4 inch thick abstract of deed.

The history of the property is traced since Indian ownership. It includes all owners, the various easements, owners divorces (reasons for the divorce) and on and on. Parts read like a western frontier docudrama.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Parts read like a western frontier docudrama

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pat, I don't know why, but I've never seen one of those abstracts for property except in Oklahoma; would assume you could get them in other states, but don't know. But you're sure right about them being informative, interesting, and entertaining reading.

Warning: unlink(/home/country/htdocs/attachments/files/13660-160e.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/country/htdocs/forums/deletepost.php on line 87

Attempts to post pictures failed and the only clue is the message above which was displayed on the CBN site at the top of the page. Any ideas? Is it something I am doing wrong or is there a problem with the web site?

Bird (et al), Here is the BIG PICTURE and a slightly enlarged piece to try to show more detail around house building site. This narative will refer to both pix. The white outer rectangle circumscribes my quarter section. This is a bit over 160 acres due to its being a quarter of a non-standard section (640 ac). Next you subtract out the 1.2 acres in the black "U" shape (350x150 ft) that is my neighbors lot.

At the top of the picture is the state highway and at the left a graveled section line. "S" denotes my current shop building with its horshoe drive off the highway. "H" marks the hay barn. North and a tad west of the hay barn for the sharp of eye is my well house.

"X1" marks the location of my moms new house and "X2" is the constructioin site for our new house. Up and to the right of "X1" is a N-S row of dark dots From the north going south there are 6 dots then a gap then two dots. These are 100 year old pear trees which practically fall down from the weight of the pears, year after year. Mom's drive way goes through the gap. Some of the trees are getting really rotted out and hollow and could fall over at any time.

In the second graphic, blue lines depict approximate outlines of new or changed ponds. The brown arch depicts an arched foot bridge over the north end of a pond. If you look carefully you can see an east west cross fence just grazing the north side of the bridge. The fine light line in an "L" shape depicts the continuation of the drive way that comes in from the section line. It proceeds south through the cross fence (gate) and turns east. Later it will make a 135 degree right turn into the end of the garage which is turned 45 degrees to the house which runs E-W. In this second graphic the white "X" is the house site.

I don't know the date of this aerial picture but it is fairly old and out of date by several years if not decades. Hope this makes some sense and isn't too confusing. It would be nice if the aerial shots were not so ancient. They'd likely do better selling them if they were not so out of date. I bought an approximate 3x3 ft aerial shot of this quarter section back when I bought the land and it was seriously out of date as well but not nearly as bad as the mapquest shot.

A third graphic is included to help put the aerials into a fair context.

Pat

Graphic didn't "work" and edit function doesn't include attachments so resending with a new post. SORRY!

Yet another attempt to post a picture...

This is a picture from a lower angle of two of the ponds depicted in the aerial photo previously posted.

Pat

HMMMMM this failed as well. I'll stop flailing at it for a while and wait to see if someone else can post a picture. Also any suggestions to improve my chances will be appreciated.

Pat

Administrator

The attachment/photo post failure you describe is related to our TBN/CBN system failure of the past 24 hours. We are ALMOST all back up, but there is an issue remaining with photo attachments. We are working on it, and will fix asap. Sorry.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

Administrator

Okay, attachments work now, but not if they were uploaded overnight. They never actually got uploaded.

Please re-upload and they should work fine.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

Bird (et al), Here is the BIG PICTURE and a slightly enlarged piece to try to show more detail around house building site. This narative will refer to both pix. The white outer rectangle circumscribes my quarter section. This is a bit over 160 acres due to its being a quarter of a non-standard section (640 ac). Next you subtract out the 1.2 acres in the black "U" shape (350x150 ft) that is my neighbors lot.

At the top of the picture is the state highway and at the left a graveled section line. "S" denotes my current shop building with its horshoe drive off the highway. "H" marks the hay barn. North and a tad west of the hay barn for the sharp of eye is my well house.

"X1" marks the location of my moms new house and "X2" is the constructioin site for our new house. Up and to the right of "X1" is a N-S row of dark dots From the north going south there are 6 dots then a gap then two dots. These are 100 year old pear trees which practically fall down from the weight of the pears, year after year. Mom's drive way goes through the gap. Some of the trees are getting really rotted out and hollow and could fall over at any time.

In the second graphic, blue lines depict approximate outlines of new or changed ponds. The brown arch depicts an arched foot bridge over the north end of a pond. If you look carefully you can see an east west cross fence just grazing the north side of the bridge. The fine light line in an "L" shape depicts the continuation of the drive way that comes in from the section line. It proceeds south through the cross fence (gate) and turns east. Later it will make a 135 degree right turn into the end of the garage which is turned 45 degrees to the house which runs E-W. In this second graphic the white "X" is the house site.

I don't know the date of this aerial picture but it is fairly old and out of date by several years if not decades. Hope this makes some sense and isn't too confusing. It would be nice if the aerial shots were not so ancient. They'd likely do better selling them if they were not so out of date. I bought an approximate 3x3 ft aerial shot of this quarter section back when I bought the land and it was seriously out of date as well but not nearly as bad as the mapquest shot.

Pat

Here is a second cropping/enlargement where the x is the new house site. A new pond and a pond with a repaired dam is also shown.

Pat