Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet sources for equine supplies

Internet sources for equine supplies

Folks, besides Jeffers, can you recommend any good sources for shopping for supplements and the like on the 'net? I see that Jeffers (whom I have shopped from before) has pretty good prices compared to the local Tractor Supply stores ... but I'm always interested in seeing if competition exists.
    I know that one can't buy most vet medications over the 'net, but I am interested in wormers, "mare plus" supplements and the like.

thanks

pete
    it's a shame that common sense isn't

Re: Internet sources for equine supplies

valleyvetsupply, americanlivestocksupply, vetwarehouse, countrysupply, cowboymart, petvetsupply, nationalroperssupply, equinesupply,

KV vet, dover

Wasn't sure if this is what Benson meant...Dover Saddlery, plus the ones everyone else mentioned.

KV vet supply
    http://www.kvvet.com

My wife orders mainly from them, good prices I would guess. Most of the boxes the UPS guy bring me (about twice a week) say KV Vet on them.

Once you get on the mailing lists you'll start getting them from every one. We get catalogs from most of the places Richard mentioned too.

She also orders from Dover Saddlery, but I think she gets a break on the toxic mailing charge because they are local. This is where we order our flyspray from.

For wormers, I use Quest, generic Ivermectin, and Panacur.

Quest I get cheapest from my local feed coop. Cheapest Ivermectin I've found is the occasional specials from Valley Vet on 3 dose tubes of generic brand when you buy several. I use Panacur on yearlings and horses of unknown worming history, and I get it cheapest in 4 doses tubes from my vet. On adult horses I worm according to the condition of their coats, Quest generally will last 120 days, Ivermectin around 100 days. Varies greatly depending on the prevailing weather and amount of manure management.

Speaking of fly spray, I'd be curious if anyone has found one that works for more than a couple of hours? Absorbine seems to be the most effective but it's like liquid gold.

Speaking of fly spray, I'd be curious if anyone has found one that works for more than a couple of hours?

NONE [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I'll second what Richard said ... none .... but I do find that my one-two punch of sticky tape (I have it running zig zag overhead - 7 ft - down the stall aisle) and the jug fly traps (inverted cone with water and fly attractant) keep the flys out of the barn ... well the live ones, anyway.
    Trying to keep the flies off the horses in the pasture just doesn't work! Besides, if I did find some effective spray, the horses would just find the nearest snad bath and rollit off - LOL

pete

WOW!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

thanks Richard .... wasn't expecting THAT much. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

pete

We use "super seven" (I'm not sure of the brand) and it 'works', meaning it does something for a while as compared to nothing (which most do). And it too is like liquid gold at $50 something a gallon.

I think it helps to use it everyday and we have a fly system in the barn. The fly system really keeps down the flys around the barn and manure pile. We just have to vacuum up the piles of dead flys off the window sills a few times a year [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]