Thread: Grizzly shop tools?

Grizzly shop tools?

I am finally ready to replace my old table saw and some other tools. I am not familar with Grizzly shop tools but their site looks interesting and one of their stores is just a nice day trip.

How do these machines measure up to Jet, Delta and others?

Re: Grizzly shop tools?

I've heard good things about them. They're supposed to be pretty heavy duty.
    <font color="blue">"2 overseas quality control offices staffed with qualified Grizzly engineers".</font color>
    That was taken directly from their ad. I guess like most of the others, parts and/or entire unit made elsewhere. You gotta love NAFTA and other free trade agreements. All other countries benefit from it.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

I've owned a Grizzley 3 hp single bag vacuum and a 6x15 inch planer for 12+ years. Both work well. The vacuum burned out a motor in the first year and Grizzley replaced it free of charge, no questions asked. I also had a Grizzley floor standing drill press but traded it a few years ago as I acquired a used Delta of the same size with a slightly larger capacity chuck. The drill press worked well also. No complaints on any of their equipment or service. The planer is within 0.006 inch across the plattens due to the sprocket/chain drive mechanism to adjust height. Delta small planers are no more accurate from discussions with friends who own them. For the price they sell good equipment.

I have a 14" bandsaw, a 12" planer, a 1/4 sheet sander, an 8" bench grinder, and I used to have a 10" slow speed grinder of theirs. Great tools for the price.

I'd still have the slow speed grinder if some druggie hadn't broken into my basement and 'requisitioned' it. He was going around the basement loading all my tools into a big rubbermaid tote. Funny thing, tho, when he came to my reloading desk and realized what it was, he left in a big hurry, so he only got 1 wheelbarrow load of stuff. Oh, yeah, it was my wheelbarrow also.

Too bad you weren't able to show him how well your reloading bench works. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    -Peter