The Secret to a good and truelly tender Prime Rib is sloooow cooking it. Restaurants that specialize in Prime Rib use special ovens often referred to as Alto Shams, although that is a name brand. At home I use Fresh garlic, Coarse ground Sea Salt, Rosemary, and Black pepper. I coat the surface of the Ribs with a little oil first. I use LOTS of seasoning. I also sometimes stud the meat like Hakim. Thats a great technique on a leg of Lamb too [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I start by carmelizeing the ribs at 450-500 degrees for 30-45 minutes or as long as it takes to get a nice Goldon color. ( assumeing we are useing a whole Prime Rib ) . Then I turn the oven down to 220-250. Many regular ovens might not let you dial down the temp this low. You can prop the door open just a tad with a wooden spoon to lower the temp. Ideally a whole rib will take 5-7 hours to get to temp. This is going to very wildly with home ovens and youll be in good shape if you can draw the cooking process out to at least 4 hours. It VERY important to remember when you are roasting any whole muscle meat, prime rib, turkey, lamb etc that once you pull out the goodies to settle the residual heat will continue to cook your roast and the internal temperature will rise an average of 10 degrees. I pull my roast at 110 degrees. You can get decent thermometers at Stores like GFS for under $5. Dont assume they are accurate, take a glass of Ice water and check them. They should read 34-36 degrees. Theese can be easily calibrated with two pairs of pliers. Just gently grip the metal stem below the dial with one set and gently turn the dial to the correct setting with the other set. A oven thermoter goes a long ways to getting a perfect roast as well. Even with the vikeing Range I have its not uncommon to get a 50 degree difference between the oven dial and reality. Dave