Thread: Free hay?

Hybrid View

Re: Free hay?

Chris,

I'm just outside of Columbia, probably too far from you to make the small acreage worthwhile. I don't recall how many bales the fella got...10 to 15 maybe....but he's just down the road from me so it makes sense for him. I've only been through Macon a couple of times. That is on 63, isn't it, north of Moberly? You might try advertising that you'll cut small acreages for the hay, on shares perhaps. I bet the number of folks like us who have small acreage they'd like to get cut is increasing. Lots of folks buying their ten acres and then finding out just how much mowing that can be!

He was probably happy to have the extra hay this year with the hot and dry weather we had. I guess the second cuttings were pretty slim. Our place was only cut the one time.

Chuck

P.S. I read my earlier posts and see that he got 11 bales.

Re: Free hay?

Yup, we're just east of macon,but you're right macon's north of moberly and south of kirksville.I planned to put an ad in the adfinder closer to spring. I used to live outside of fulton,and I worked in Columbia at MBS. As a matter of fact ,I'm going to Columbia in the morning to homedepot.