Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipe exchange

Recipe exchange

With all of the people that live, work and eat in the country we should ask if an exchange forum could be included. I have read several of DocsknotInn and they sound great. My passion is country cooking from around the world, or peasant food as some now refer to it as and making beer.

If others are interested in this please reply and we can get this going. I can smell the cornbread, redbeans and rice, and hotdish now, UM UM GOOD. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dane

Administrator

Re: Recipe exchange

Please, just be a little patient --- cooking & recipies are about to be expanded - greatly.
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

I am excited about this as there are fantastic cooks out there and I would love to learn from them, I will be waiting, with mouth watering [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Hakim,

You can assure me that reading the recipies won't make me fatter, right?
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I dno't know gary, I not sure that cals dont migrate and stick through thin air and cyberspace, I know it can't be getting older!

I dont know, I haven't seen too many virtual recipes [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And all this wabbit and beer talk is makeing me think about some rabbit stew ! Dave

Oh! How about this... A big bowl of fresh steamers, a loaf of sourdough to sop up juices, and a Anchor Steam beer or two! All those clams steamed up in a light garlicky broth, a good beer, oh man!

In fact, we did this at one of our beer tastings for dinner, a few years ago. It was good [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Man that sonds gooood ! I havent done that in a year or so since our last trip to Maine. One of the best things about San Francisco.....Sourdough ! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Dave

A little oxtail stew, baked red patatos and a gunnis would be ok as well!

We need to have a way to dothis without the confines of cyberspace.

****, I'm hungry now. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oxtails ! now there is one I have not heard since Turtle soup ! When I was a kid the neighbors used to have a rompin stompin party every harvest season and roast a whole Ox in a spit. It took a few days but man that was some really good BBQ. I have had lamb chops on the brain for a few days now [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] Dave