Thread: dual stack compressors?

dual stack compressors?

I am getting one for my father in law and would like feed back between the Craftsman, Dewalt and Porter cable. It will be mostly used for inflating tires nothing too big. He just wants a compressor he can use around the house.

I know this is over kill but it was this or the Ryobi Six Pack of cordless tools. We already have 2 Dewalt sets at my house.

Steve

Re: dual stack compressors?

I've got a Emglo which is now Dewalt. About ten years old, no problems, I've used it a couple of roofing jobs, framing a roof, tires and other stuff. I have also abused it spraying some furniture I built and wall and ceiling texture in a small room. I don't use it daily but it has been a good little compressor. Still doesn't use any oil. I change the oil in it once a year. Emglo AM 78 (not sure on the model number, but it probably has changed to a dewalt number any way) 1 1/2hp and two of the 3 liter pop bottle size tanks, I think it is a total of 4 gallons. It will start/run on my 5500 watt generator.

My only thought would be to stick with one of the oil lubricated ones. They seem to be a little quieter and last longer before a rebuild, but I don't think they are very hard to rebuild.

Re: dual stack compressors?

www.grizzley.com 115.00 and it flows as much as dewalt.i have one and its a solid unit.