Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First New Baby "Oreo Cookie"

Re: First New Baby \"Oreo Cookie\"

GareyD, The #1 ag product in Lee county is cattle, and hay is abundant. The larger ranches are being divided up as the estates of the last generation slowly disappear. The retirees from Austin and Houston are buying these 10 to 40 acre tracts for under K. The new landowners who bought their land under an ag exemption are seeing their taxes double or even triple without the exemption. The new landowner can switch to wildlife exemption if they do the required practices. Or, the miniature cattle could save their tax exemption, make them feel like ranchers with less required land, and make some money to boot and their expenses can be deducted for a farm business. But the best sell is just as your wife felt - they are just so darn cute. I figure it would be many many years of selling stock to make started herds before sending little oreos to the slaughter house. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Keep posting I am very interested in your cattle venture. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] TXDon

Garey,

That sure is a cute little critter. Just another reason for us to stop by and see your place. (Garey and I live close to each other but have only met on the forums) You can add us to your list of those who would like a side of beef when the waiting list opens up or the herd grows.

MarkV

TXDon...Yikes...if they keep breaking the large ranches up, you might find that the hay won't be quite so abundant [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

If I can figure out how, I'll try to attach the link to the belted galloway web site...needless to say there is a ton of info about them little critters there...

web page Belted Galloway Society - Index

GareyD

Mark...you're welcome anytime "Come on down"....

Whoopee, another side of beef....guess I better look into buying that 40 acres across the road and getting me some more critters [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm running outta pasture and cattle [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

GareyD