Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Husqvarna 394XP Chainsaw, used

Re: Husqvarna 394XP Chainsaw, used

Seems we may have been visiting the good Doctor at the same time.
    My router managed to fling a wood chip into my left eye. It would seem face shields can be easily defeated from the side. In any case there were indications of debri remaining in me eye even after nurmerous flushings.

After examination the emergency room Doctor indicated my flushings had been successful but the cornea was scratched. Told it would heal, but not to do any woodworking for several days, I was sent on my way with several tubes of antibacterial ?? eye drops. All is well.

Perhaps we both are fortunate nothing serious happened.

Egon

Gary, I suspect you would understand the impedance analogy. I just tried (simulating sending CW left handed) and I can do it but even old contacts would not recognize my fist. My compression bangage would not interfere with CW right handed. Having been a drummer and having developed some left hand coordination helps. I taught myself to eat with chopsticks, left handed and do so better than a lot of folks right handed.

Except for the big scary hole (I don't like this form of introspection) the damage was a very near miss (grazing damage not direct hit) to a lot of important stuff in there, levers, cables, etc. I am hopefull that I will not lose much dexterity. It does interfere with my not so wonderful at my best, typing skills.

We bought some of our doorknobs (locksets) last night after "Stuffed French Toast" , over $500 and they didn't have all we wanted in stock. So now I have 14 locksets and deadbolts to install (28 holes to fill) and can't wield a screwdriver with my right hand.

Oh... The doctor fell for this gag... Hey doc, will I be able to play the violin after I heal up? He said yes, I shouldnt have a problem as it is my bow hand. I said that was wonderful as I had never played violin before and wanted to thank him for that.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Egon, I find eye flushing to be quite unpleasant. I have had three trips to the emergency room to remove steel debris from an eye and got the same feedback, scratch that should heal, lucky it isn't in central vision, go and sin no more. I should ask for a frequent flyer discount.

My take on the typical flip up face shields is that they are better than nothing but way behind a good pair of safety glasses for eye protection. They shine at keeping debris out of you face. Both may seem excessive but is a GOOD thing.

I have a Husqvarna chainsawing helmet and it turned out to be of good use with my chipper as frequently the very last bite to be chewed of a big limb is belched back out the hopper fairly vigorously. The screen in front of your face is GOOD to have.

If you don't have I recommend you get some good wrap around safety glasses AND WEAR THEM. I have been lax about that in past and regretted it TOO MANY TIMES. I am a better safety citizen now, well, I try to be but hadn't a clue about the log thing. It won't get me again!

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"