We have been working hard the past ten days and here is an update.

The cabinets are in place and look great. They were custom made by a Mennonite carpenter and every one of them fit in place smoothly. One problem did show up though the soffet is 2 inches to short over the refrigerator. It will have to be adjusted but it is better that it is short than too big. Much easier to add than tear out.

The tile is all down in the baths and the vanities in place too. The tops for them are just now on site so that worked out. I was beginning to get nervous that they were going to be delayed.

The new owner has taken the week off and has painted the first and second floors. Racing to stay ahead of the tiler, his mother. The finish electric is started and the first floor is about 80% done and the second floor is just started.

The furnace and a/c units arrived on Friday and the plumber will be doing the finish work starting Monday. So by the end of the week we hope to have a water line into the basement and a good part of the electric finished.

The best news is the excavator showed on Thursday. He has the septic partially installed and the propane tank buried. He will finish the septic and then do the grading. Finally I can put the grass seed down.

Once the plumber is done then we will put down the bamboo flooring. It was going to go down before the cabinets but we changed the plan so that as few people as possible will be walking on it while they are working. The kitchen cabinets were set on plywood to raise them to match the bamboo.

We hope to see some more big changes this week. I have to get back to work now.

Tim