Thread: gun values online

Hybrid View

Re: gun values online

That corresponds to a model number, however, according to this source, that model number is tied to a 20ga shotgun marketed under the J.C. Higgins name (sold by Sears) and manufactured by High Standard and not a .22 rifle.

Something is screwy here - either in the numbers on the gun or the numbers in the tables. (the table cited is the same as the Blue Book Store Brand Cross-Over List cited in the earlier link.)

Now in the table, there is a "Sears" brand model "30" that is a .22 pump which was also manufactured by High Standard. One hypothesis is that some of the parts between the 20ga and the .22 were interchangeable/reusable and perhaps some of those parts made their way to the .22 from the 20ga at the factory during production. I can't imagine a lot of these parts being transferable, but I could see a few here and there possibly. It's just a thought, but it would explain how your gun would have the "J.C. Higgins" name & the "583.70" model number but yet be a .22 and not a 20ga.

Re: gun values online

Well, beats me. Its marked J.C.Higgins model 30 U.S pat. pending. Under that Sears roebuck co. 583.70 On the left side.On the Right side the only markings are 22 long rifle only. It is a tube fed semi auto 22. With a retractable sling in the stock "red" A neet little plinker fer sure. I would have traded most all I had to have one like it when I was A kid. I like these ol pawn shop 22's [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Cheep ta shoot,Cheep ta buy and you can always trade em for something to somebody.Thanks for your help , have a good one.