Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Boss

Water Boss

I just got a great deal on a Water Boss "Big Boss" water conditioner. Lowes has been carrying them for some time at $496 but Menards just started carrying them and had a special price of $467. I took the Menards ad to Lowes and got an additional 10% off the Menards price for a total of $422. Menards price good through this weekend if anyone else is considering. Install planned for this weekend [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Re: Water Boss

When you first posted this I was going to reply and let you know that mine quit working. But I didn't want to burst your bubble. Mine quit softening afetr 3 years. After pricing other brands and settling on a cadillac system, I decided that I didn't really want to spend the money right now. So I called them (yep I actually called a manufacturer about troubleshooting) for info on changing out the resin.

Customer service recommended first a cleaning of the resin with "Iron-Out". For about 10 bucks and most of Saturday cleaning flushing and pushing the regen button, I now have great tasting soft water again.

I only bring this up as a compliment to Water Boss service. It's not the first time. I called them some time ago when I started getting shots of salty water through the house. They suggested a couple of items to check and clean, which I did. I don't know what exactly fixed the problem, but it hasn't reoccurred. I do know that one time the problem was caused by a frozen up drain line. They were very helpful at that time as well, and no long waits on hold.

Good customer service is hard to find.

I was recently at Lowes and saw a shelf tag under the Waterboss Bigboss with closeout price of $396. Sounded great until I looked closer and the tag was for a GE softener. Found a Lowes Droid and asked if per chance they had any Bigboss on sale or closeout...sure enough they had one marked down to $596 the regular price from $696. I had previously checked and the regular price there Is $596. I explained that that was the regular price and Droid said it is $596 on closeout. I say this all as I was prepared to buy then at regular price but got out of the mood.

I put a tandem filter setup in front of my softener change the cartriges every 6 months +-.

mikell

Had my water boss 12 years now. No problems, no complaints, just add a pinch of salt now and then and it just does it's job.

It is good to hear that Water Boss is a good product I plan on using this uvit for whole house softening and like the fact that it uses much less chemical. I plan on using potasium and that just make the cost of chemical that much more appealing

I've had my WaterBoss in operation for about three months now and am happy with the performance. I particularly like the fact that recharging uses less water than most others.

I've been using potassium chloride rather than sodium chloride.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Wow you can spend a day on line reading and calling about all the different systems and the deeper you probe the more you can find out, I have determined that although the Water Boss is a compact unit that uses very little water it does that for a reason because it does not work as effective as say a Fleck unit. and to be truthful if your going to spend 500.00 on a Water Boss why not pay another 200.00 and get a fleck at this time I am in conflict and think I am going to go with the fleck unit and again would like all comments and contributions to this topic. I plan on also filtering and using potasium vs sodium.

This thread was started more than a year ago. At that time I responded that I had repaired my Waterboss, blah ...

Since then it went out again and I replaced it with a Fleck from Ohiowater.com. Been quite pleased with the unit and saved a bunch buying on line.

Which Fleck did you go with I am thinking of going with the2510 auto unit. and you are right about saving $ on line i can save over a thousand compared to local dealers.