Thread: F-150 / V-6 diesel

F-150 / V-6 diesel

Are there any words on the wind whether or not Ford it putting a V-6 diesel in an F-150 anytime soon? I need to replace my 88 but I would be willing to wait if the 150 would have a diesel.

Re: F-150 / V-6 diesel

I heard today that the 4.2L V6 Diesel is dead. I have a Ford Excursion and frequent a couple of Excursion forums. As you might have heard, Ford is killing the Ex after '05. They plan to release a 'stretched' Expedition. A number of diesel owners were lamenting that Ford could not get that motor running clean enough and has killed it. No diesel for the Expedition .... which is built on the 150 underpinnings.

Fortunately, I will get another 100k miles out of my Excursion. The best tow vehicle out there. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

from what i have read international is trying to fix the v-6 that they could not get right for the re-design. ford on the other hand is getting tired of international's lack of effort. hopefully we will see a v-6 diesel in a 1/2 soon!

There are rumblings all over the indusrty about a diesel revival. The rumors around BMW are that we will see a diesel version of the X5, X3, and even the 7 series.

Of course there has been no concrete information sent out yet.

Then again, the M3 SMG showed up as a complete suprise a few years back....

Gregg
    Remember - If I sound like I know nothing about farming it's because I really don't!

They already do.
    Its called a F250 [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Unless you live in a city why not step up to a diesel 3/4 ton?
    Yes the cost is slightly more, but probably on par with a F150 diesel, since the diesel is the major cost difference.
    And if you do live in a city dodge has a 3/4 ton this is just a hair bigger, mainly in height, than the 1/2 ton.

And oh the difference. Once you tow with a diesel the gas burners just seem so weak in comparison.

Fred

I agree with Phred. The cost difference between a 1/2 and 3/4 ton truck, regardless of brand, is kind of minimal (when compared to the total cost of the truck) and you get a lot more truck IMO.