Thread: gun values online

Hybrid View

Re: gun values online

These are in fact made for and sold by sears. I have two.
    One is a semi auto 22 and one is a 22 bolt action.

The bolt action belonged to my father, and I picked up the semi at an auction.

The serial number should be on the barrel if memory serves. Is it rusty? Maybe its there and coroded away?

The bad news is that these are not common and spare parts may be hard. Also they are not exactly a ruger 10 22 in the acuracy department.
    I only picked up the auto since it was the twin of the bolt which I have sentimental attachment to.
    Also it was a auction for a lady who had just lost her husband and this belonged to him, so I looked at it as charity in a way.
    Probably paid more than it was worth, which I fear is ~$0.

But of course that is the nature of an auction. If you are the high bider then you just paid more than any one else thougt it was worth....

I bieleve that most are circa 1950.

Fred

Sorry it took soo long too thank you for your help . I never did find a ser. no. on that crazy thing. I refinished the wood and shined it up good and give it to my brother in ALA. This one shoot fine and was rust free. Darn shame they realy aren't worth much at all. Of course I told bubba it was very unique and worth a toad sack full of money [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] He agreed that he owed me big time. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks again.

I also have a JC Higgins model 30. No serial number either.
    There was a time that many many firearms did NOT have serial numbers and this must be one of them.

Bob
    I was taught to respect my elders but it's getting harder to find any!

gun value

I am brand new here as of right now. I have a dilemma. I was going to strip down a 98 Mauser Action 1944 and then I saw a Nazi Insignia on it. Is it worth more re-blued or left alone?
    Dan