Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are we going to survive this???

Re: Are we going to survive this???

So, when did you say your pic's would be ready? If you haven't figured it out yet, by my long homebuilding post, I'm a visual sort of person [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Hey Waldo. My excuse is that I'm so busy with everything else... but, actually not owning a digital camera puts a damper on things.

Hey everyone: look at my bio. We sold the Houston house yesterday [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and are living in the loft of the barn until the house is finished. We lack only the flooring (other than tiled areas, which are complete) and appliance installation. JazzMom's drive into work today (SW Houston) was 2 1/2 hours. I hope the country nights make this worthwhile.

Oh Bird, still no phone!

And only 6 months instead of 9. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

2 1/2 hours to work!? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I hope there were some unusual circumstances. Someone laid his big rig over?? That would be a LONG commute everyday. 5hrs driving??

Yes, Chillimau. After that, JazzMom told me she's going to need to sing a different tune.

Flooring is in.
    We actually got mail delivered.
    Phone drop is supposed to be installed before Friday.
    It will be a busy week, as I scheduled closing for this Friday. (We know everything won't be completed.)

Glad to hear you'll be moving in soon. How long will Jazzmom be commuting?
    How big is your loft? My wife and I are CRAMMED into a small 1 bedroom apartment. Hopefully, only for another month or so...Good luck...Kyle

Well, JazzMom said that was enough of that fun. She turned in her resignation. She was tenured at the university, but those drives were killing her.
    We are still in the barn loft, but the house should be ready enough (for move in) tonight. We will still need to do a lot of painting and window treatments. Then there's "landscaping", really more just leveling after the erosion, and the list goes on, and on, AND ON...

Oh, Bird: mentioning the PUC seemed to do the trick. They were out the next business day and hooked us up. Thanks for the tip. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't blame JazzMom for giving up a commute that long. Maybe she can find a regional college or something closer. I don't know where you are at, maybe Coastal bend or Bee County college (same place different name??) would have an opening. We have relatives in Beeville and in Corpus, only reason I even know about Bee County College. My wife's cousin finished 2yrs at Bee County and was going to Stephensville (Tarlington?). Bad car accident ended that. Anyways, Hopefully JazzMom will find something if needed. Congrats on the move!

Thank you.
    We have been enjoying the sunrises and sunsets.
    We are still not in the house. Friday evening I went to check the bathtub. There is no hot water. (I suspect the valve, that is sealed up, was left turned off.) The cold water took about a half hour to put 4 inches of water in the tub. (I suspect a restriction in the line, or maybe only a 1/2 inch line instead of 3/4 to the tub filler.) But, those were only small potatoes compared to the water that leaked out of the tub under the tile floor and under the bedroom laminate flooring. We were supposed to get the shower stall glass installed today, but Kenneth said to hold off in case they need to pull the tub out. (The leak could be one of the jets or the drain, they won't know until they un-seal the side. The new gutters are preventing further erosion, proven during the .8" rain we had in the span of 10 minutes yesterday.
    It's coming together- slowly.

The answer is...

yes.