Thread: Well house

Well house

I just moved to the country in SW Missouri. My well house needs to replaced and I'm looking for plans for it. The water feed comes out the top of the well head so I need to build something to enclose it. Is there any plans I could get.
    Thanks,
    Tebb

Re: Well house

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but here is a plan for an Insulated Pump House.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Here's the way mine's set up. The well house only encloses the tank and pump control box. The actual well head is outside of the well house, so the truck can back up to it and pull the pipe and pump. The well head and line between the well and pump house is heat traced and insulated. The well house is insulated and has a heat lamp on a thermostat. I hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you. The plan that Gatorboy attached will give me a starting place.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Tebb

Just my opinion. I have been on wells since away back. Before replacing a well house, I would move the pressure tank and associated controls into the house if at all possible. Makes maintenance sooo much more convenient and easier to say nothing of not needing to heat it. I used to maintain a community well (non-paid, PIA) where the well house had a removeable cover in case of needing to pull the well. That was a neat installation but it was not nice crawling down into a pit to do maintenance on the system and then almost not room to work once there.

Harry K