Thread: Any can't live w/out horse book?

Any can\'t live w/out horse book?

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] My horse ownership is getting closer and closer to being a reality!!
    I was wondering if anyone has any book titles that are bibles to them on horse care and riding. Adult or pre-teen type readingwould be great. My daughter is getting excited too. There is so many out there, hard to know which ones are worth the cash. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    I'm riding english now but the goal is to pleasure ride western.
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

Re: Any can\'t live w/out horse book?

I don't know if its still in print but one I like for beginners is "Saddle Up". I believe the autor's name is bell.

I would also suggest a subscription ot Equus magazine. It has the more about care than most of the other Horse magazine.
    Larry

We have a couple of horses and have found The Horse to be the best magazine for equine health. They have great articles on feeding, diseases, etc. You can check them out at The Horse .

There are many other magazines out there, but they tend to be focused at certain riding techniques. We are western pleasure riders and subscribe to Horse and Rider and Horse Illustrated . There are other very good magazines for dressage and other styles.

One of the more popular training techniques right now is Natural Horsemanship. The leader in that area is Pat Parelli. You can check them out at Parelli .

You will enjoy your new found interest.... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Most any health care reference book would be a must have. "A-Z of Horse Health" is an old reliable.

"Basic Horsemanship - English and Western" is a good learn to ride book.

Most anything by Cherry Hill is great for kids and beginners.
    "101 Treats for Spoiled Ponies" is a real hoot.

I subscribe to Western Horseman for the coffee table, Horse Illustrated because its informative, and Arabian Horse World for the centerfold.