Thread: Good program?? house building

Hybrid View

Re: Good program?? house building

roho627; It may be a little more than what your lookin for, but there is a program called SofPlan. It's quite expensive, around 400 bucks or more. With this you get an actual program that will show your stud, joists, rafter/truss, and anything else you can think of. It will also give you a printed materials list and window and door schedule. I always wanted it but was too cheap to buy it. The programs you're looking at are more for dreaming than building. I've got Chief Architect and anothe one from Sierra. Used them both once, then went back to pencil and paper. If someone has trouble visualizing, the previous programs mentioned can help. I guess I'm looking more at the CAD type programs, probably more than you need/want tho. Let us know what you decide and what you think [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Trucks are red, Tractors are blue.

Hello JohnDay! Yeah sounds a little high UNTIL I get really serious about house, then I don't think it would be if A person was serious! May give Chief Architect a look after this Punch Pro thing thou!! Anyway looked @ u'r bio & seems like a interesting life! BTW does Ole Misguided hippies count as rescuable critters, sounds like a nice place Up in North Woods, hehehe! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] & again THANKS FOR INFO! roho

roho627; You must have been talking to my wife. She calls me an old grayhaired hippie! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anything in the North woods is GREAT! Hey, fill out YOUR bio. Where are you located? [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh sorry JohnDay, & I didn't talk 2 U'r wife! I'm inoccent(can't even spell that word) but couldn't fill out my bio because of being in special Mars&%@%* Program something about relocation, shu is the word! NoNO Don't repeat that! I will fill in some more! BTW, Warbaby I AM, & the way U we're talking about retiring in a few years, U must be too!, grew older in 60's but am still waiting to grow up!!! Raised in small Central La town, & spent 30+ years around HouTex, BTW have U ever seen a flounder! I was 26 yrs old, 1st one i saw, thought it was a perona! Sorry bout ramblin on, c u later another gray headed x hippy!! hey just kiddin bout relocation program, would hate 2 be servalanct or worse for something as serious as stuffing stuff in mail box w/o stamp! BTW we just sent a man 2 prison for smuggling orcids in country, He was her in HouTex! Again sorry 2 ramble!!! C U later roho

roho627; Well, I was born in 1950, but my Dad was basically a draft dodger, you know, too young for the big one, and hac kids during Korea. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] I guess I'm a draft dodger too, got drafted in '69, joined the Navy because the Marines didn't want me, then put 8 1/2 years in.
    Yeah; I've seen flounders, kinda funny looking fish.

Oh' I know what I wanted to say. If you go to Lowes or Home Depot, or any other big box, they usually have a section full of how-to books. Along with those there are many plan books you can order plans from. I get some good ideas time to time from them but devise my own plans. It's cheaper, and more accurate than a lot of plans I've seen. Again, it will cost a few bucks, but if you find a floor plan and building elevation you like in one of the books, take it to an architect than can draw the plans for you.

Like yourself, I was originally thinking of a garage with apartment for a starter upnorth, but then just designed and built a single level cabin. It's not big, 26X26, but it is the first module to be added on when I do retire.

Good Luck and keep us posted. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mornin JohnDay, BTW did U get 2 C the Arora Bora Alice(MS but we already know I can't spell shi%#T(shirt))That's 1 of my goals'n'life!! Earth to roho earth 2 roho, <font color="blue"> </font color> Ok Ok I'm bac!!! Anyway pic# 1 neat &amp; nice dog!! That's a plan I'd like 2 find, 1 to build in sections! as money &amp; time permited! opps got 2 go, s u later! bad planing on time!!! later &amp; I bet U wouldn't see a flounder if U hadn't dodged de arm &amp; joined navy! hehhehehhe Just kiddin

roho627; Your right about the flounder, only saw pictures of them until I wound up in Norfolk. Thanks for the comments about the shack, BTW, thats Spike, a rescue I stole from a crack dealer. He appears to be mostly border collie mixed with something else. He's dog #4 among a Malamute, and two labs. It's incredible how smart that dog is, I almost swear he understands everything I say. He's my buddy. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

my upnorth house before completion [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

photo #2, still not done inside