Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP-garden tracor gets stuck alot-need posi

Re: HELP-garden tractor gets stuck alot-need posi

If you check out BJ's Wholesale club, I think you may find a tire that will work similar to those that came standard on the Kubota B7100. It appeared to be a combination between a turf and ag tread, don't know what the official name is, but they were great on my machine. Exceptional traction yet floated nicely on turf. Some of the newer ATV tires are quite similar.
    Bayrat

Re: HELP-garden tracor gets stuck alot-need posi

<font color="blue"> how can one get a posi[diferental lock] in a 2500.00 garden tractor??who makes such a unit </font color>

There isn't such an animal. To get posi you have to jump up to the small CUTs. I tried to find one when shopping for a smaller tractor than my CUT that would be more suitable for mowing a lawn (my CUT has ags, which I need for the rest of my property). So putting more aggressive tires on is probably your best bet...

Add weight... I run wheel weights and fluid in the tires. Works great.

Look for an older JD 300 series with individual brakes... one for each side. Great for tight turns and traction control.

Not completely true. While you won't find a posi in a $2500 G/T, most of the major manufacturers offer a posi lock, like what most of the CUTs have, on their higher end G/T machines. I have a Cub Cadet 3208 G/T that has a posi lock lever. I use it a lot on my machine to get up some of the steep banks on my lawn.

Corm

<font color="blue"> Not completely true. While you won't find a posi in a $2500 G/T, most of the major manufacturers offer a posi lock, like what most of the CUTs have, on their higher end G/T machines. </font color>

What I said wasn't exactly right. What I should have said was that when I went shopping for a second tractor that my dealer convinced me that to get the features I was looking for (I was asking about 4WD, didn't think about a locking diff - should have) I'd be closer to a small CUT price than a garden tractor price. I probably didn't look long enough or hard enough to come up with an ideal solution.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Thanks for the good suggestions. The tractor has 23x10.5 turf tires. I have kept my eyes on Ebay looking for a spare set of rims for an agressive winter tire. But this five-lug wheel is almost never available there. I don't want too agressive a tire, as it's primary purpose is to mow the lawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered an industrial tire? Maybe something along the lines of a forklift / bobcat tire?

I believe industrial tires are a bit more aggressive than turfs (lawn mower tires) and less aggressive than ag tires.