Thread: Galvanized Feed Tank

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Galvanized Feed Tank

As our dairy goat herd increases, so do our expenses, and we've decided that a major way to cut expenses is to start buying feed in bulk by the ton. So, we're going to need a galvanized feed tank. We're thinking of getting a smaller one, in the two ton range. Does anyone have any suggestions on features to look for and sources to buy them at the best price. A friend of ours got one from Farmer Boy last year for about $1200, but their web site says that prices are about to be adjusted. I'm sure they're going up, due the increase in steel prices.

Thanks for any info!!
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Re: Galvanized Feed Tank

Just a suggetion that may or may not fit your schedule/needs. In the last couple of years I have been to two local farm auctions for retiring/deceased farmers. At both of these they sold everything - including the silos, feed bins, and at one even the steel buildings.

I can't remember what the prices on the feed equipment were but it might bear looking into.

Gregg
    Remember - If I sound like I know nothing about farming it's because I really don't!

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Re: Galvanized Feed Tank

Thanks, Gregg. That's an excellent suggestion. I go to just about every farm auction in my area, and I do buy many things at them, for example: one of my tractors, my riding lawn mower, many tractor implements and lots of livestock equipment. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."