Thread: help-no water, crosspost

help-no water, crosspost

I'm crossposting this from TBN in hopes of getting a quick response from one of the forums. I see there is a lot on repair here.

I need some help from those familiar with well pumps and wells. I know just enough to hook a pump and pressure tank up, but not how to troubleshoot.

No water this morning in the house. I went downstairs, where my pump and tank are located, and there was no pressure reading on the tank's guage and the pump was running. I turned off the breaker and felt the motor and it wasn't hot, so I don't think it had been running for long.

When I moved in a few years ago I put a new pump and lifetime tank in. In hindsight I wish I had installed a checkvalve on the inlet side of the pump because I had a hard time priming the tank, but it was my first time, too.
    I saw no wet areas on the ground outisde (or in the house for that matter) and it was relatively warmer yesterday... in the upper twenties, so I don't think the plastic line would have frozen or broke.
    My business, which is on the same well, but has its own system, still has water, so something (broken line?) made me lose the pressure or prime or both in the house.

I hope I've given enough info to go on. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this situation or what I should do next. I was thinking whatever it is will include a checkvalve, since now would be a good time to do any plumbing changes.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

Re: help-no water, crosspost

Never mind [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Got a few replies on TBN and have a plumber coming tomorrow since I need some excavator work.