Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing airline water

Re: Removing airline water

Oddball year here also, Most ski areas closed yesterday (usually close in April) The temperature midweek was 55 degrees and raining. One river up north, the Skykomish increased flow from 1000 cu ft / minute to 49,000 cu ft/ minute in a 12 hour period. River depth from 4 feet to 18 feet.

The weather forecast around here is:

If you can see Mt. Rainier it is going to rain, If you can't, it already is raining.

Something to ponder on....

When I was setting up my air compressor, I hooked up a filter system directly to the air compressor... Not only did I have water everywhere, the filter just didn't seem to be very effective.

I then purchased a larger filter system, nothing special... $24 on sale at Harbor freight, but this time I used a 24" piece of line between the compressor and the filter and no more water problems period !

I once saw a guy use PVC pipe in series virtcally with a drain valve at the bottom to capture and expell moisture.
    I don't believe anyone needs to have some exotic contraption to keep moisture issue under control.

Some compressed air reqirement work will require a desicant type absorber on the line.

Egon

Sonoma, did you know that you can buy small, cheap, one use, throw away filters to put on the air line at the paint gun to stop moisture? I know the tool trucks, like Matco, carry them and sell them to paint and body shops.

Your scheme will work (some) but not be as effective as a throw away filter. If you want a DIY project, why not build a pressure vessel out of pipe reducers, unions, etc. in which you place a cloth bag of dessicant (silica gel). This will remove the moisture AND you can bake the moisture out of the silica gel and reuse it idefinitely.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"