Thread: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Program

Microsoft Anti-Spyware Program

I have been using Microsoft's Anti-spyware product. It has found a few spyware programs that the other removal products missed.

One side effect has been that the pages of HomeSteadying Today and CountyByNet do not always finish loading. It is especially troubling when I try to drill down on a particular subject.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Re: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Program

I regularly use Spybot-Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware SE, and CCleaner. They area all free version and are highly recomended by various organizations (some even by Consumers Reports.)

This is in addition to Norton System Works (includes anti-virus).

I haven't tried Microsoft's anti-spy software and probably won't until or unless it establishes a significant positive track record of doing something I need done better than any other software available at a competitive price. I am not a big fan of Microsoft or its marketing strategies or its proclivity to use early adopters as lab rats/beta test techs. If someone passed a hat to take up a collection to have BG hit, I'd be sorely tempted to contribute.

You didn't say what other products you tried. I suggest you try those listed above (at a minimum.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Oh by the way, mysticokra, What is the hieroglyphics or pictograph? I think I can make out the giraffe barfing into a box or something but what is the rest?

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Somehow the gif was corrupted.
    It's an animated Scottie chasing a cat.

Thanks.

"giraffe barfing into a box or something"

Now that's funny.