Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recomendation on Brake Controllers

Recomendation on Brake Controllers

People who have or had brake controllers, I need to tap into your experience. Looking at the Prodigy and Jordan to put in my GM truck. What are your experiences with them, which do you have? Thanks!

Re: Recomendation on Brake Controllers

No experience at all with the Jordan, so it may be just as good, but I'd go with the Prodigy because I do have experience with several of the Tekonsha models and liked them. My brother has one now on his truck.

Had a tekonsha sentinel, it worked fine sold it with the vehicle and just ordered a prodigy from brakecontroller.com for my new-to-me truck. Also had a tekonsha hydraulic activated that worked fine. Prodigy is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I dont know anything about the Prodigy. Is it so good one would think about replacing what they have currently?

Whats the consensus on what makes it so much better?

Thanks,
    Mark

It was all the rave on the rv forum I am occasionly on, you would think they stopped their rig like Fred Flintstone before it came out.

No, I adhere to the "if it's not broken, dont fix it" theory, but I didn't mind letting the sentinel go, it was attached with two sided foam tape and I didn't feel like messing with it.

Thanks Steve.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Is it so good one would think about replacing what they have currently?

[/ QUOTE ]

It just depends on what you have currently. If you have something like the first controller I ever had, you'd definitely say "yes". And awhile back, my brother thought he'd save a little money by buying a cheaper controller at Pep Boys, but after his first trip with the travel trailer, he changed it out.

I upgrade to the Prodigy and it is the best

Thanks to all for your replies, you have reinforced my opinion that the Prodigy would be the way to go. To any thats interested I found the Prodigy for $99 at RV Wholesalers, which is about the cheapest price I have seen. Here is the link! rvwholesalers

I'm running a Tekonsha and it has performed flawlessly since '97. It is one of the genre with the built in "G" force sensors that automatically modulate the trailer's braking force dependent on the trucks actual deceleration. You do have to remember to lighten up on the controls when running empty to avoid sliding the trailer wheels but that is a common requirement.

Don't go cheap when a couple of the best of the breed are so reasonable.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"