Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chickens-worth it?

Re: Chickens-worth it?

Fred, Around here many of the local farm stores of the genre of Orcheln's, Atwoods, Tractor Supply, and the like have chicks, ducklings, guineas, bunnies, etc. in stock. You pays your money and takes your choices.

Private party classified ads in free local papers and even the electric co-op "paper" frequently have ads for various livestock from buffalo to emu's (including rabbits, ducks, geese, chicks, and so forth) Typical price in the pravate party ads is $1/chick.

No shipping involved and you can select for the healthy looking alert and active individuals.

If there are no such opportunities in your area then you are pretty much reliant on "mail order."

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I did see some at TSC a couple weeks ago. They weren't sexed, just all mixed up in a couple tanks. I've read that when they hatch you usually end up with a 50-50 mix of males-females, but I could see picking out 6 (their min quantity) and getting all cockerals. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Murray McMurray will sell sexed chicks.