Thread: foil insulation in pole garage ?

foil insulation in pole garage ?

I am getting ready to build a pole Garage 30x40x10. I am looking into insulation for it. I really like the foil style insulation for it's ease of installing. . I was wondering if anyone has used this in thier metal buildings, on the foof in particular. Is there any condensation issues with it ?
    ALso, I live in the mountains in Western Md. and it is very windy and very cold in the winter. How well does the foil insulate the buildings? Thanks

Re: foil insulation in pole garage ?

Hey Rhinorider,
    My brother in TX built a small shop with the foil laminated OSB used on roof and sides. But don't know how well it performs yet. I priced the same stuff here in TN and at $17.35 for 7/16 " 4x8 sheet is quite pricy for a large bldg. The same foil stuff (I think one brand of it is called Thermoshield) comes in 4x125 ft rolls and cost is $120 or 125.00 a roll.About 25 cents a foot. A metal roofing guy says using 24g metal on roof I want need foil insul. on my 40x50 gambrel barn. But I'm curious about it myself, My sister also in TX (FT Worth) just put foil in their attic over the f'glass insulation but again not sure how well it performs as yet. But should know this winter. I think in your area if it's like Dover DE you might want a seperate moisture barrier. Anyhow perhaps you might get other more knowledgable responses but I hope this may help some what.
    God bless,
    rg