Thread: New School Year

Hybrid View

Re: New School Year

<font color="blue"> ( Oh my. What happened to summer vacation. ) </font color>

He may go to a year-round school. I know of some places that run several tracks -- each runs 9 weeks of class followed by 3 weeks of vacation. They offset the tracks so that the school is open almost year-round. While some kids are on vacation, others are in school.

Eveyone gets off for Christmas vacation and 5 weeks in the summer.

I wish they would run this type of system here.
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Dave,

I wasn't aware of that system but it does sound like a good idea.

Hold up now, I sure don't. The reason we have to go back so early is that we get off so early, in May to be exact. We also get a week of break in early fall, a week of christmas break, and a week of spring break along with other misc. holidays. Ahh, the sweet life!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

<font color="blue"> ( Hold up now, I sure don't. ) </font color>

You end up going the same number of days in a year-round school. It sure helps keep the kids from having to "get back to speed", after the current summer vacation.

Summer vacation is obsolete -- the reason for it was so the children could help on the farm -- well the percentage of kids that work a farm during the summer is very small.

Well, that is defiently an opinion that we don't share. My classmates and I agree that summer break is the best thing that ever happened to schools!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> ( My classmates and I agree that summer break is the best thing that ever happened to schools ) </font color>

You and your friends don't understand life yet --- 20 years from now think about this again --- I bet your answer changes.

Most kids during the summer are bored stiff halfway through.

Ah, yes, they may be bored stiff but I have FARMING to do. And anyways, they don't complain about being bored stiff!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yep, no one, when I was a kid, would ever complain about being bored, because I'll guarantee you our parents would quickly find plenty of work for that kid to do. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]