Thread: multi-tasking?

multi-tasking?

Seems this is a corporate buzz word, but I use it a little differently. This is a tree grubber/5th wheel camper mover/tool carrier that I made out of scrap stuff that I have laying around. I made one 25 years ago to clear up a tracc of land Vickie and I bought. I couldn't afford to hire a dozer, so I made one of these and with an old WD Allis Chalmers tractor I cleared 5 of the 20 acres we bought. I don't remember what happened to that one so I made another. I have a 3000 Ford tractor and with this I can do several things as I will show in the next several posts. Later, Nat

Re: multi-tasking?

Here is a pic of it engaging a small poplar tree, about 2" thick. Just lower it to the ground, back up till the tree is in the notch, then raise the lift and back up

Her is a pic showing the tree out and the tap root hanging under it. You just drive to the brush pile and lower the lift while going forward and it comes out.

As you can see in this pic I put a 2" reciever about 13" up from the bottom, so that I can move my trailer around without have ing to hook it to the truck. The tractor has a trailer hitch, but it catches the box blade so I took it off and it hangs on a post at the shop.
    You can also see a piece of pipe sticking up from the top with a plate welded on top of that. That is to move my 5th wheel camper around, also without hooking it to the truck. I have to remove my toolbox and then install the 5th wheel hitch, so moving it with the tractor is really handy

Here is a closer pic of the 5th wheel lifted with the tractor

I also made me a set of "down and dirty" forks for the front end loader. The bucket has 2 sets of holes for something, so I used some 2" x2" square tubing and drilled and tapper the forks, so all I have to do is put 2 bolts in each fork and away we go. Removal is just as simple

Looks like a fine building job Nat. But for myself, I'd be concerned about hooking that fifth wheel that high on a tractor. I'd be concerned about flipping backwards as I tried to go forward. But maybe you have the front of the tractor well ballasted andf we just can't see it in the picture.

Be careful!
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, I have a FEL on it so that shouldn't be a problem, but you are right. My 5th wheel weighs around 11,000 lbs and I don't think I want to try to move it without the loader. I see them move rigs loke mine at Ocean Lakes CG at Myrtle Beach with a 3600 Ford and no loader all the time. I have heard of peolpe using their CUT's to move 5th wheels and I worry about it. I leave the front legs down and just pick it up enough to clear the ground so that if anything happened it could only go a couple inches down. It does make that 3000 settle when you raise the lift. Later, Nat

Nat, glad to hear you're trying to be safe. With the trailer legs just off the ground a little it's probably an acceptable risk.

Don't want to lose any Country by Net members do we? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?