Thread: Onions

Onions

Am thinking about growing some onions, any tips on variety, planting technique, fertilizing, etc., etc., etc. I am thinking about getting some seed from Wally World, any suggestions?
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

Re: Onions

Forget Walmart... try a good seed Co.

I usually get my seeds from Parks Seed.

Park Seed

They have all the name brand you will ever want to plant with good results. I've dealt with them since the 70"s when I was attending a horticulture based high school [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Why not grow Vidalia ?

I was gonna type a long drawn out reply and then found this site which already has it done [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

All about raising sweet onions

Thanks to you both. That website is just what I needed. And yes, I do want to grow Vidalia onions. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll second the recommendatioin for Park's. Good stuff, and a good honest business.

Real gardeners don't buy seed from Wally World! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you have the sandy soil for it, you'll love the vidalias. Also consider Walla Walla Sweets. Don't know if they'll grow in your area, but if they will, oh boy! They make vidalias look strong. WWs are flavorful, but without any bite.

These folks have a good selection of stuff. We get stuff from them, and have been happy.
    Peaceful Valley

Thanks everyone for your replies but I ran into some luck the other day. My ag teacher offered me FREE onion seed. Not too bad of a deal!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]