Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about some good gloves?

Hybrid View

Re: How about some good gloves?

I don't have a "model number" with me, but I like the Carhardt leather glove.

I bought 3 pair, about 3 years ago. I figured with my luck, that would make it through ONE winter.

In a few weeks, I'll break out pair #2 from behind the seat of my truck. #1 is getting retired JUST BECAUSE THY'RE SO FILTHY. I use them quite a bit . They're grease covered, and well worn. Still holding together though.

I'm 6'-4", 275, with those "ham-hands". I farm and work as a carpenter. I don't baby my work duds. Mud, sawdust, cow manure, sharp tools, grease, and more mud..... I'm very impressed with Carhardt's gloves.
    Carpenter by day, Farmer by night, weekends, days off, spare time, holidays, vacations, ect...

Farmwithjunk - Here is the website; I'd be curious to know what model you bought:
    http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...mp;viewAll=yes

Leather palm glove/grain cowhide. Not fancy, not that expensive. But one tough glove.

(Bought 'em at TSC)
    Carpenter by day, Farmer by night, weekends, days off, spare time, holidays, vacations, ect...

Well, I bought a set of the Carhartt gloves last night on my way home, size XL; $8.00. They fit pretty good and appear to be well-made. We’ll try ‘em out and keep ya posted!

I was at the local "Do it Best" store on Sunday and noticed a rack with some Nitrile gloves. They looked to be a spandex knit material with the fingers and palms coated with a rubber. Nitrile rubber I suppose. The back of the hand and part of the finger backs were not coated, so sweat could evaporate. The rubber surface was kind of "tacky" so you'd get a good grip.

The display said they were puncture resistant and would outlast leather. And the best part was the price, under $5.

Guess I should stop by and try a pair.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Well, to get back on topic (when did this become a computer class?) I've used the gloves for a while now and just bought another pair to replace the ones in my truck. They seem to hold up pretty well as I haven't put a hole in them yet (knock on wood) and the price isn't too bad.

AHHHHG! EVIL EVIL EVIL! BAD! BAD! BAD! DON'T POST LONG URLS THAT MAKE THE THREAD WIDER THAN THE SCREEN! BAD! BAD! BAD!

Use tinyurl.com to make short URLs for posting. It's free, and you don't even have to register!

Much mo bettah! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Why go through all of that trouble? Use the URL markup code provided below. Paste your link into the first window that pops up and then in the second window give it a couple of word description. Like this: CBN

Muhammad and Company have done a lot to make this site and TBN pretty friendly and easy to use, why not use the tools they've built.

Simple - tinyurl is a no-brainer. Some folks don't want to figure out the code. With tinyurl, you just copy & paste.

Which means that NOBODY has an excuse!

I guess I don't understand why you would go to another website when everything is already here and you have to click the URL button anyway and it does the work. I understand why you would need TinyURL for less sophisticated websites, but when you have sites like TBN/CBN that are so superior to most of the other sites out there, why bother. Here is my best Michael Keaton impersonation from Gung Ho, "I don't get it, I don't see?" [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]