Bird, Now you didn't hear this from me and I am maintaining plausable deniability but the cost effective dove harvest technique is to shoot them with a pellet gun or even a .22 in the early 0evening/late afternoon when they go to water before turning in for the night.

I have never shot a dove with a shotgun but dropped a pigeon with my trusty Red Ryder Daisy BB gun when I was in the second grade. My mom broiled it for my uncle who claimed it was good eating.

By the way if anyone gets overwhelmed with nostalgia and buys a NEW MANUFACTURE Red Ryder Daisy BB gun, be prepared for a really anemic shooter. You almost have to shoot downhill to get the BB out of the barrel. All those warnings you got as a kid about being careful you don't put an eye out. With the NEW version that would almost require someone to put their eye up against the muzzle. Liabillity? Political Correctness? Insidious plot to turn off a generation as regards guns by giving them such a NEGATIVE experience with their first gun?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]