Thread: Chihuahua

Hybrid View

Re: Chihuahua

Thanks, Fred. I think we want a young (or fairly young adult), preferably female, chihuahua, but I'm leary of the ones advertised for sale by the puppy mills, besides the fact that I'd rather not pay $600 to $900 for a pet if I can find one in a shelter that we can save. I'm guessing though that those are the ones adopted the quickest, so the hardest to find.

BIrd, There is a lot more risk in getting a Chihuahua than in a rat terrier as regards "accidents" on the floor or your lap. One of the problems with them is the same problem there was with Dalmations... fadish popularity which triggers of a puppy boom from unethical back yard breeders and puppy mills.

Millions of dollars worth of TV adds for Taco Bell and a few by GEICO fed a frenzy. If you go for the little c in place of the terrier I hope you get a good one.

I'll drop the other shoe now. "101 Dalmations" reruns, the remake, and sequel sparked a frenzy of GOTTA HAVE A DALMATION mania. According to insurance actuary statistics gleaned from hospital emergency rooms the Dalmation is one of the worst biters out there.

Bird with a "Rat on a rope" (tiny dog on a leash) takes a little getting used to... I could see a shepard or a golden retriever or...

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Yeah, Pat, I know what happened with the Dalmations. And I'm not the one who wants a dog; my wife wants one. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] The trouble is that after we get one, I get too attached to it, too. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]