Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridgid Tools

Re: Ridgid Tools

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I have heard the term: "snipe" used a few times. We just called them "cheaters". We had the regular cheater and then we had the cheater with a loop at the end of the pipe through which you could pass a 1' manila rope and then throw a couple of turns on the capstan ("cat") head and pull the wrench that way. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave

Think we called them " Chain Tongs " no rope used.

It's a litter more modern now," Power Tongs".

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon, A couple divergent alternative associations... A couple brothers whose claim to fame was laundry detergent and an old Greek guy who said something like, "Give me a (Whatsit) long enough and a place to stand and I can bend the (Whatsit.)

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Oh we had the usual chain tongs all right and we had pipes to slip over the handles on them as well. When things got tough we got the "power tong" which had a rope loop on it, and used that. We had a second tong that was attached to the rig and which had a swinging attachment. The attached tong was the backup to keep the pipe from spinning in the elevators. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    CJDave