Thread: T 35 in Pts. Rule in NASCAR Cup Series

T 35 in Pts. Rule in NASCAR Cup Series

I really don't enjoy the new rule in NASCAR that states that the top 35 in owners points are locked into the show. NASCAR says they are trying to help the smaller teams but they really aren't. I think we should go back to the provisional system. Your thoughts????
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg

Re: T 35 in Pts. Rule in NASCAR Cup Series

NASCAR is not concerned about the small teams, they are concerned about sponsorship dollars. The better teams have more sponsorship money and the sponsors want a guarantee that their car will be in the race every sunday. Michael Waltrip, for example, bought the points from a top 35 team last year to ensure that he would get a starting position in the first five races. The NASCAR rulebook is written in pencil for a reason.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Re: T 35 in Pts. Rule in NASCAR Cup Series

I don't like the Top 35 rule either. Give me the fastest 43 guys. Sorry, it is either go fast or go home. Maybe it would bring some real competition back into the sport.