Thread: 36x36 Steel Building Tips

Hybrid View

Re: 36x36 Steel Building Tips

what are some of things I want to consider before erection and slab?

Wulfman,
    A couple things for your slab. By all means include rebar in footings and wire mesh in floor (stretch it out and hammer it flat as much as possible befor tying to the rebar) Block it off ground ensuring it's 2" down from floor surface. Measure and install your anchor bolts (use washer and adjust nut at height you need for the supports) while crete is still 'wet' and for metal siding, build in a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" "notch" around top edge of slab. This allows siding to sit within parimeter of slab, then ensure your wall supports are installed at the notch edge and not at full slab edge.

Also figure total wall length using the number of metal panels you will use (figure in overlap) and add 3" to slab width/length. This will save cutting and trimming you'll need to do if siding is shorter or longer than your slab.

If sheathing outside walls, or installing girts, include this thickness for placing wall supports (and anchor bolts) so that the siding "fits" into the notched slab.

Best of everything with the new space. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Roy

I have a 30 x 50 foot steel building on my property that is uninsulated. What is the most cost effective way to insulate one of these buildings? It is 14' high at center and is 1:12 pitch roof. It has two 16 foot-wide doors on one long side.

Mark
    West Grove, PA [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hope you still care.

It is tough to beat fiber glass batting for cost. You'd need chicken wire to hold it in place. backing goes toward the inside of the bld.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"