Thread: Grout color

Grout color

I just put down ceramic tile and the grout isn't as dark as I would like. Is there any way to make it darker withou chipping it out and re-doing it? I haven't sealed it yet.
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Re: Grout color

A friend of mine had a problem with his grout where the color was noticably different between the separate bags of grout mix he purchased.

When he asked about what he should do, the store told him to purchase a type of sealer (looked like a toothpaste tube) that also dyes the grout. I saw what it looked like after he was done and it looked good.

Thanks, now a new problem, the grout I used is a poly-blend(instead of a sand-based) and is not coming off of the tile easily, any suggestions on how to get it up without using a scraper? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    You ARE a redneck if... you knew someone whose last words were "Hey y'all, watch this!"

I don't have much info to share. You could read this forum thread I found to see if the enhancer they discuss would possibly work for you.

Grout Thread

Use a stiff nylon brush