Egon, The other part of the story is that one of the band saws is inop because I dropped a part on the floor and the chintzy casting broke so it is down till I make a replacement (or get a new bandsaw.) The working bandsaw (Craftsman) cost me $50 and is sort of just good enough to do some stuff but I don't know squat about bandsaws so it is likely in need of a tune up. If/when I get a new bandsaw then at least one of the old used ones needs to go. I'm trying to talk myself into getting rid of the Craftsman plain Jane mitersaw but it is so small and light that tossing it in the truck or whatever is attractive for "away" tasks.

This was no wnere near the full repertoire of tools, just those that were power saws. Oh, and there is a Milwaukee recip saw and a Rotozip. I have a dead elcheapo table saw that the repair shop said I coild replace cheaper than repair. I just kept it to use the plastic body and metal top for something else someday...

IF I weren't avoiding giant expenses There is a band saw made with an accessory to let it doiuble as a band mill but it is pricey. I have just about talked myself out of gwetting a band mill, opting to take my logs to someone else who cuts on the halves.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]