Thread: Chevrolet gas pedal

Hybrid View

Re: Chevrolet gas pedal

GM should be made to recall all vehicles affected. They recalled all chevy trucks because of the tailgate cables...I would think unexpected engine surge would be more of a reason to preform a recall...am I wrong?

I agree whole heartedly. This is a much worse safety issue than the tailgate cables breaking or which was worse than sticker that was missing on the brake calipers that said don't let it hang by the rubber hose. GM should be made to recall and fix it correctly.

Its kinda like the wiper controller issue they had. Supposedly only certain VIN trucks were affected. My truck had the problem, but not the right VIN. Took some stern words to get that $95 dollar part under recall.

Well...This is an update. I broke down yesterday and decided that I was gonna have to do something about my sticking gas pedal. I took the black breather off the throttle body and low and behold what did I see?? GUNK! I wound up taking the whole throttle body off and cleaning front and back with carb cleaner and a tooth brush...got it sqeaky clean. It works likle a new one now! It was getting worse. I would have to hit the pedal to break it loose. Now it works fine. After about 2 hours of work...can of carb cleaner and a ruined toothbrush later...it drives like a dream...for now...wonder for how long? The truck just turned 85K. I hope it fixes it for another 85K! LOL