Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post!

Re: First post!

Sorry about that. I'm located in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. About 25 minutes out of Edmonton. Winter is an issue here yes but we do have 2 fully heated barns so keeping the little guys warm in the winter won't be an issue. I guess rather than trying to hatch them from eggs I will try and find a place that sells chicks. I really don't want to end up with 50 hens before getting a rooster. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] All we really want is one of each. I don't think we have stores here that sell chicks over the counter but there may be a poultry farm that does. I've asked around at all the local farm supply stores and no one seems to know where. I havent gave it my all to find one yet i'm pretty much just starting my search so i'm sure to come across one soon.

Hatching eggs sounds interesting enough but like I said we arnt in this to raise them ..
    [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Jer

Well, golly be, Spruce Grove you said! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

In a previous world I spent most of my life just a few miles south of you on an acreage in Pine Valley! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Buying single chicks may not be easy. Your best bet may be to try a pet store. They often sell chicks at Easter.

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pine Valley.. Honestly i've never even heard of it. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm starting my search tomorrow as easter is a little far away . [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,

Jer

Two miles west of the Botanical gardens [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]