It won't apply to Brownmule's problem, but I'm preparing to put in some blueberries this spring, and I think I'll be able to keep the deer at bay fairly easily. I've made two raised beds, 4x25 feet, and am getting the soil to the proper pH and such over this winter. I spaced the two beds four feet apart for ease of picking and such, and this area is adjacent to an already fenced space containing two other raised beds I have used for strawberries and spring greens. The deer never tried to jump into that area, I think because it is rather small, and the beds are made of concrete blocks. The fence is only welded wire five feet tall, but I believe the deer don't want to jump into an area only about 20 feet wide which has so many things to land on. I plan to just expand the area to encompass the new space for the bluberries, and since I have all those nice holes in the concrete blocks, I'll stick some poles in those and maybe add some flags to create more clutter and make it really look unfriendly to jumping critters.

Chuck