Thread: Chicken Wire. Poultry Netting.

Chicken Wire. Poultry Netting.

Call it what you will: how do you stretch this stuff enough to make it look good? I roll it out and it's all wavy. When I pull on it, the pattern starts to deform but the waves remain.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Chicken Wire. Poultry Netting.

It's been so many years since I did anything with chicken wire that I'd forgotten about that, but now that you mention it, that's the same luck I usually had. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'fn I recall you have to use a full width board for stretching the wire evenly and then nail at every post. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have stopped using poultry netting at all anymore. It not only deforms but after a year or so I have problems with the wires breaking and birds getting out. I have gone to welded wire for my cages and pens. 2x4 welded wire for larger birds is only about $6.00 more per 3'x50' roll. I use 1"x2" for smaller birds, and that is a little more expensive. I have used it for 3 years now with no broken wires.

Just my 2 cents, I have wasted a lot of time finding and fixing holes in my chicken run only to find more chickens out within a few days.

Be about the same way to stretch woven wire for live stock fence except using a tractor for fence traction.
    No fun, change the rules!!!