Thread: Pole barn insulation question...I have photos too!

Pole barn insulation question...I have photos too!

We've built a pole barn..it has TUFF-R (polyisocyanurate form core insulation) panels between the framing and the sheeting on the walls, and some sort of rolled reflective insulation in the ceiling. I've attached a photo that shows the barn during the middle of the exterior wall insulation installation.

Now, the first question, we're framing out the inside of the barn with 2x'4's all the way around and want to put in insulation on the inside...what is okay to use..can we use faced insulation?

Second question...one end of the barn will be insulating it as the rest of the barn, but then finishing the space as a living space..so we'll be putting up drywall...so in this case, we'll be putting up (maybe depending on the answers here) faced insulation between the studs as in the rest of the interior of the barn, then putting up drywall. Is that ok? Will it create some sort of problem with moisture?

I've also included a photo of the inside of the finished barn before we started framing the inside with 2x4's.

Thanks!

Re: Pole barn insulation question...I have photos too!

I don't think you'll have a problem with the drywalled, heated part of your barn. That's how my house (and many others) are built: foam insulation under exterior siding (brick or other) then insulated stud walls.

You might want to consider a plastic vapor barrier. I know that is recommended for finishing basements here in Michigan. Basic thing to remember is that warmer moist air will condense on a colder surface. So, keep the moisture away from the colder surface.

Depends mostly on what climate you're in, so I'd check with your builder or local supplier.
    Smart idea to insulate your roof, especially if it's steel. Can't tell from the pix.

Re: Pole barn insulation question...I have photos too!

Forgot to add: Nice looking barn! Size? Looks to be about 40x60x10? Make sure and post pix when it's done. If you don't mind me asking, what's the basic barn going to cost you? Excluding inner walls, drywall, etc.